8th Grade Project Competencies - due February 15th
Your 8th grade project competencies will assess whether or not you have the critical knowledge required to successfully complete your project. For your competencies, you must write a 750-1000 word topic-specific essay written to a prompt given to you by your 8th grade teachers. The essay should be research-based, not opinion or experiential-based. Cite at least three resources within a formal bibliography.
8th Grade Project Update & Comps
8th Grade Project Update (Mini Presentation) Requirements
This mini presentation will be made during 8th Grade Specials. The goal of the presentation is to highlight the progress you have made and discuss what you still need to do. The presentation should be less than 5 minutes long. Your presentation should…
2018 8th Grade Competency Questions
- Brayden - Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of three different types of trebuchets.
- Clara - What are the three most important qualities of manga that distinguish manga from other graphic novels.
- Declan - What are the three most important things the general public should know about tornadoes? This could include when,where, how tornadoes happen and safety tips.
- Emmet - Why do companies sell stock? What determines the price of a stock? Why does the price of a stock fluctuate over time?
- Fletcher - What are the steps of building a Roarockit skateboard? What is lamination? Why are skateboards laminated? Describe the lamination process.
- Jacob - Based on at least two sources, detail the main steps from beginning to end for creating your own stop-motion animation.
- Jaden - What is rigging and what are the steps to rig a Maya model?
- Jason - Based on at least two sources, detail the main steps from beginning to end for creating your own stop-motion animation.
- Julia - How does a typical SNL show get created over the course of a week?
- Kai - Detail at least 5 important steps in creating a professional mountain biking documentary and explain why they are important.
- Kaylee - What are the rules for playing Pokemon Go?
- Laura - Explain how the environment can affect the overall health of the hive?
- Logan - What are the main hardware components of Raspberry Pi?
- Maddie - Detail the three most important steps for making your own documentary and why they are important.
- Matthew - In order to successfully run a restaurant for a day, describe your plans and procedures for sanitary practices, cleaning before and after, dining room set-up, customer service, budgeting, advertising, purchasing food, storing food, transportation of food and staff, staffing, and food prep.
- Max - Describe the pros and cons of three animation systems and decide on the one program that will be best for your project.
- Nina - Discuss how harmony, melody, and rhythm can be used compositionally to create a great song.
- Noah - What are the important design features that distinguish a rabbit hutch from other animal crates or pens?
- Rachael - What does the general public need to know about the homeless population? What can society do to help homelessness?
- Rustam - Based on at least two sources, detail the main steps from beginning to end for creating your robot.
- Ryan - Using at least three sources, explain in detail what stand up comedy is and what makes something funny. What specific steps do professional comedians take in order to create a stand-up act? Cite specific examples.
- Simon - Discuss how harmony, melody, and rhythm can be used compositionally to create a great song.
- Sophie - "What are the major influences on ""critically endangered"" sea turtle population decline (Provide an overview of the type(s) of sea turtles that are critically endangered)? Describe what can be done (the method or methods that can be put in place) to restore their populations to stable numbers."
- Tobyn - What are the three most important functions of an animal shelter within its community?